Welcome to Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Miss Evans
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to
Burntstump Seely CofE Primary School. Myself and Mrs Williams along with Mrs Draper and Mrs Savage (who work in Busy Bees) provide a caring, supportive, stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
Soft start- 8.45
Register and Handwriting- 8.55
Break Time- 10.30
Dinner Time- 12.15
Free Learning/ Tipic- 1.30
Afternoon Break- 2.15
Home Time- 3.30
- The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class.
- Each child has 2 or 3 reading books which they can take home every afternoon and return to school each morning.
- During child initiated play, Reception and Year 1 children are able to play and learn together.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather! Please have suitable clothes and shoes in school all year round.
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit.
- We have visitors who come into school to help us to learn and celebrate special occasions and we also visit interesting places.
Homework is sent out on a Tuesday and returned the following Monday. Children are also encouraged to read at least three times per week and practice their key words. Mathletics is also available for home learning.
Hello, welcome back! We are now on the home straight to the summer holidays. This half term in Little Acorns we will be learning about The Seaside. Please see the Topic Map below to find out more about what we will be learning.
Homework will still be set on a Tuesday and collected on the following Monday. Keywords are being checked on a Tuesday with Mrs Willams, and as always, please try and read 3 times per week (and get this recorded by an adult).
White Post Farm Trip!
On Wednesday 9th May we took all of the children in Little Acorns and Busy Bees on a visit to White Post Farm as part of our 'animals' topic. The children had a fantastic time handling and feeding the animals. They also learnt lots of interesting animal facts.
Please see the photo gallery at the bottom of the page for photos of our visit.
Police Car visit!
Today (13-02-18) Little Acorns and busy Bees were very lucky to have more visitors to school to end our transport topic. Today we were visited by PCSO Kirsty from Arnold, who came in her police car. She spoke to us about its features, showed us all of the equipment she has to carry with her in the car and we were even allowed to sit in the drivers seat and turn on the sirens! The children had a fantastic morning and it was a great way to end our transport topic. Pictures have been added to the slide show at the bottom of the page.
Fire Engine Visit!
Today (08-02-18) the children in Little Acorns and Busy Bees were lucky enough to receive a visit from Arnold Fire Station. Howie, Lee, Roger and Laura came to school in the afternoon to talk to the children about the features of the fire engine and also to give a talk on fire safety. We were even allowed to sit in the engine! The children had an amazing time and loved it! Please takea look at the photos below.
Our Current Topic: