Welcome to Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Miss Evans
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to Burntstump Seely CofE Primary School.
Myself and Mrs Williams provide a caring, supportive, stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
Soft start- 8.45
Register and Handwriting- 8.55
Snack Time- 10.30
Dinner Time- 12.15
Afternoon Break- 2.15
Home Time- 3.30
- The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class. Children have access to indoor and outdoor provision in between each learning session.
- Each child has reading books which they can take home every afternoon and return to school each morning.
- During child initiated play, Pre-School and Reception children are able to play and learn together, children from Year 1 occasional join us too.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather! Please have suitable clothes and shoes in school all year round.
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit. Toast is also available and is to be ordered on a Monday for the week.
- We have visitors who come into school to help us to learn and celebrate special occasions and we also visit interesting places.
Homework is sent out on a half-termly basis and consists of fun learning opportunities to be carried out at home in line with our current topic. Children are also encouraged to read at least three times per week and practice their key words. Mathletics is also available for home learning.
Autumn 1 Topic- Home Sweet Home
This half term in Little Acorns we will be learning all about houses and homes. A more detailed description of what we will be covering can be found on our Topic Map below.