Welcome to Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Miss Atkinson
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to Burntstump Seely CofE Primary School.
Along with Mrs Derby and Mrs Nicholson, we provide a caring, supportive, stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
8.45-9.05 Soft Start and Register
9.25-10.30 Child Initiated Learning
10.30-10.50 Milk, Snack and Story
11.10-11.45 Child Initiated Learning
12.30-13.00 Register, topic session
13.00-14.15 Child Initiated Learning
14.30-15.00 Child Initiated Learning or Topic
15.00-15.15 Fine Motor activity
15.30 Home Time
The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class. Children have access to indoor and outdoor provision in between each learning session.
- Each child has a selection of reading books which they can take home every afternoon and return to school each morning. These can be changed during Soft Start.
- During child initiated play, Pre-School and Reception children are able to play and learn together but they will have seperate group times with learning tailored to their age and ability.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather! Please have suitable clothes and shoes in school all year round.
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit. Toast is also available and is to be ordered on a Monday at £1.25 for the week.
Homework is sent out on a half-termly basis and consists of fun learning opportunities to be carried out at home in line with our current topic. Children are also encouraged to read at least three times per week and practice their key words (F2 children). Mathletics is also available for home learning.
Spring 1- Transport
Welcome back to the Little Acorns class! We hope that you've had a lovely Christmas break and we are looking forward to seeing you all and hearing all about what you've been up to!
Our new topic for this half term is 'Transport: on the move!" We will be exploring some lovely texts and we cannot wait for the children to have lots of fun exploring all of the activities that we have planned.
A more detailed description of what we will be covering can be found on our Topic Map above.
A gentle reminder that PE will take place for all children on a Thursday but we ask for our F2 children to leave their PE kits in school all week in case there are any changes to our timetable. F1 children will not be getting changed for PE just yet.
Our F2 children are encouraged to remember their key words and read as often as possible (at least 3 times a week). Please remember to fill in the reading diary so that your child will get a stamp.