Welcome to Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Miss Atkinson
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to Burntstump Seely CofE Primary School.
Along with Mrs Derby and Mrs Nicholson, we provide a caring, supportive, stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
8.45-9.05 Soft Start and Register
9.25-10.30 Child Initiated Learning
10.30-10.50 Milk, Snack and Story
11.10-11.45 Child Initiated Learning
12.30-13.00 Register, topic session
13.00-14.15 Child Initiated Learning
15.00-15.15 Fine Motor activity
15.30 Home Time
The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class. Children have access to indoor and outdoor provision in between each learning session. We also have woodland sessions throughout the week.
- Each child has a selection of reading books which they take home on a Monday and return on a Friday.
- During child initiated play, Pre-School and Reception children are able to play and learn together but they will have separate group times with learning tailored to their age and ability.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather! Please make sure your child has a waterproof coat and wellies at school.
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit.
Children are encouraged to read at least three times per week and practice their key words (F2 children). Mathletics is also available for home learning.
Hello Little Acorns!
I would like to welcome all of our new and existing children and families to the Little Acorns class. What a brilliant week! I have been so impressed by each and every child this week as they walked into the classroom, hung their coats up and and explored their new setting. It has been lovely to see so many smiling faces and many friendships being formed already. Our first topic will be called 'Magnificent me!' Please take a look at our topic map below which shows all of the books that we will be exploring this half term.
Reading books will be sent out on Monday the 14th September. We will send out 3 books every Monday for your child to read and we expect them to be returned on Friday morning so that they can be stored for 72 hours, before sending out a new set of books the following Monday.
Lilac books will be sent out with your child at first (wordless books) to encourage your child to make up their own stories by using the pictures. Please encourage your child to turn the pages by themselves and handle the books carefully. Once we begin teaching our Letters and Sounds phonics program, we will send out books which match the children's phonic knowledge.
F1 children are free to choose a story book of their choice each week to enjoy with an adult,
We are looking forward to getting to know you all well ! Welcome again!
Below you will find some home learning ideas in the unfortunate event that our class bubble is closed for all staff and children to self isolate. These activities are for the first two days of the self-isolation period before you are provided with more work to complete.