Welcome to Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Miss Atkinson
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to Burntstump Seely CofE Primary School.
Along with Mrs Derby and Mrs Nicholson, we provide a caring, supportive, stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
8.45-9.05 Soft Start and Register
9.25-10.30 Child Initiated Learning
10.30-10.50 Milk, Snack and Story
11.10-11.45 Child Initiated Learning
12.30-13.00 Register, topic session
13.00-14.15 Child Initiated Learning
15.00-15.15 Fine Motor activity
15.30 Home Time
The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class. Children have access to indoor and outdoor provision in between each learning session.
- Each child has a selection of reading books which they can take home every afternoon and return to school each morning. These can be changed during Soft Start.
- During child initiated play, Pre-School and Reception children are able to play and learn together but they will have separate group times with learning tailored to their age and ability.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather! Please have suitable clothes and shoes in school all year round.
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit. Toast is also available and is to be ordered on a Monday at £1.25 for the week.
Homework is sent out on a half-termly basis and consists of fun learning opportunities to be carried out at home in line with our current topic. Children are also encouraged to read at least three times per week and practice their key words (F2 children). Mathletics is also available for home learning.
Summer term home learning!
Hello Little Acorns!
What a way to start the summer term! It’s so strange not seeing all of your smiling facing at school every day but I hope that you are all working hard and having lots of fun with your families at home. Your home learning videos with the activities that you need to work through daily are on Microsoft Teams in the files section. If you cannot find the username or password, give us a phone call as we are still at school looking after the key worker children.
It has been lovely to see all of the photographs that you have been sending us of you having fun and completing your tasks. Keep them coming!
On the website, you can find some activities to do in the house and garden to keep busy. There’s also some websites with fun learning games and activities that you may wish to access.
We miss you all and cannot wait to see you all soon! Keep smiling!
Stay in contact, lots of love Miss Atkinson, Mrs Nicholson and Mrs Derby xx
PS: Our F2 children are encouraged to remember their key words and read as often as possible (at least 3 times a week). Please continue to keep this up!