Welcome to Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Miss Atkinson
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to Burntstump Seely CofE Primary School.
Along with Mrs Derby and Mrs Nicholson, we provide a caring, supportive, stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
8.45-9.05 Soft Start and Register
9.25-10.30 Child Initiated Learning
10.30-10.50 Milk, Snack and Story
11.10-11.45 Child Initiated Learning
12.30-13.00 Register, topic session
13.00-14.15 Child Initiated Learning
15.00-15.15 Fine Motor activity
15.30 Home Time
The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class. Children have access to indoor and outdoor provision in between each learning session. We also have woodland sessions throughout the week.
- Each child has a selection of reading books which they take home on a Monday and return on a Friday.
- During child initiated play, Pre-School and Reception children are able to play and learn together but they will have separate group times with learning tailored to their age and ability.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather! Please make sure your child has a waterproof coat and wellies at school.
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit.
Children are encouraged to read at least three times per week and practice their key words (F2 children). Mathletics is also available for home learning.
Hello Little Acorns!
A big warm welcome to all of our new children that will be joining us this year and a big welcome back to those of you that are returning. We are so excited to meet you and cannot wait to hear all about your summer holidays!
We hope that you feel well-rested and feel ready to get stuck into school life where we will be playing, learning, exploring and making lots of new friends!
Our topic this half term is 'Magnificent me.' Feel free to take a look at some of the things that we will be learning through this theme on our topic map below.
Three reading books will be sent out each Monday and we ask that you keep those books in your child's book bag should we need them. We will take the books back on a Friday and hold them for 72 hours before sending out a new set. Please encourage your child to turn the pages themselves and to point to each word.
Key words are also checked weekly and once your child knows them, they will have new key words added to their key ring.
F1 children are free to choose a story book of their choice each week to enjoy with an adult,
Lovely to see you all back!
How to log on to TEAMS
Below you will find some home learning ideas in the unfortunate event that our class bubble is closed for all staff and children to self isolate. These activities are for the first two days of the self-isolation period before you are provided with more work to complete.