In our Burntstump community, everyone, adults and children, knows that they are valued as God’s children. Their gifts are discovered, valued and nurtured so that all can flourish to live life in all its fullness.
Burntstump Seely is a Church of England Primary School for children aged 3 to 11. We have a special relationship with St Paul's Parish Church and our teaching is based on the Christian faith contained in the Gospels. We are proud to be a part of the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham Multi Academy Trust.
Our school is a happy place where everyone can succeed. Please browse around our site and see the fantastic things we've been doing!
- Y6 to return on 8th June. EYFS and Y1 to return on 15th June. Click here to read our latest letters and risk assessment about a phased approach to the partial reopening of school.
- Please click here to read a letter from Chris Moodie, our CEO of the Multi Academy Trust regarding the planned return of children to school.
- Government advice regarding school provision for the children of critical (key) workers during the epidemic has changed. Please click here if you think you are eligible and would like to access the provision.
- Click here to watch our video
- Please read the letter from our Multi Academy Trust which outlines more information about the opening of school for Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year2 children.
- In order for us to plan for the possible return to school of these year groups, please consider these questions and phone school ASAP.
- Please click here for a letter to parents and carers in response to last night's announcement.
- If you want to be a singing star as part of our Lockdown Choir click on this link!
- The results of our scarecrow competition are here!
- Click here for a useful article about keeping children safe whilst they are online during this time of lockdown and a poster to give health advice.
- Please go to our Parents' Page to read our Burntstump Bugle for April 2020.
- Please read this letter for the latest news from school.
- Key Workers continue to be entitled to provision during the return of some year groups to school. Please read the guidance below if you think you are a key worker, have no other options for childcare and need your child to continue to come to school.
- We are pleased to announce the outcome following our OFSTED visit on 21st and 22nd May - we are a Good school.
- On Monday 29th April we competed in the Mansfield Music Festival and were placed first in the KS2 Own Choice Class.
- Contact school to put your child's name on our waiting list.
Impact of Coronavirus on SNMAT Admission Appeals
Given the situation relating to the current Coronavirus epidemic and the fast moving changes relating to Government advice on public health, the SNMAT, as an Own Admissions Authority, has taken the difficult decision to suspend its admissions appeals, for the foreseeable future, pending further guidance from the Department for Education. This decision has been taken for the protection of all parties involved in the appeal hearing.
Nottinghamshire County Council who administer SNMATs admissions appeals has confirmed they are still taking appeals from parents and logging them as normal, so if you wish to register an appeal for an SNMAT partner academy, please go to NCC’s website and complete the online appeals form:-
https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/education/school-admissions/appeal-a-school-admission-decisionParent and Carers' Questionnaire
October 2019 Results
100% of our parents, who responded to our Parent and Carers' Questionnaire, agree that their child is taught well in school.
Click here to see a full break down of the responses:
Latest School Calendar Events
There are currently no events.