In our Burntstump community, everyone, adults and children, knows that they are valued as God’s children. Their gifts are discovered, valued and nurtured so that all can flourish to live life in all its fullness.
Burntstump Seely is a Church of England Primary School for children aged 3 to 11. We have a special relationship with St Paul's Parish Church and our teaching is based on the Christian faith contained in the Gospels. We are proud to be a part of the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham Multi Academy Trust.
Our school is a happy place where everyone can succeed. Please browse around our site and see the fantastic things we've been doing!
- We are looking forward to seeing all the children again on Thursday. Please click here to read a Government leaflet for parents about the return to school.
- Please click here if you would like to see our full updated Covid 19 risk assessment for September.
- Please click here for a reminder about the details for the return to school in September
- If you are considering sending your child to Burntstump, or if your child is returning to us in September and would like to see our new playground, click on this link.
- Please click here to read our Burntstump Bugle for July
- Please click here to read a letter from Chris Moodie, the CEO of the SNMAT, with details about our exciting Summer learning programme - 'Destination September'.
- Dear Parents, Please click here to read our letter about staffing and further arrangements for next year.
- School will reopen for all children on Thursday 3rd September. Please read this letter for the details of when, where and what to expect.
- We will be in touch before the end of term regarding the details such as timings of the day for your child. For reassurance, please click here for a short video, a leaflet and the most recent Government advice for parents.
- Please click here to read the latest letter from Chris Moodie, the CEO of our Multi Academy Trust.
- Please see letter regarding information for EYFS moving to two bubbles. To secure a place for your child, this will be on a first come, first served basis. Please click on link for details.
- If you would like your Y2 child to return to school this term from 29th June, please let us know.
- We have two vacancies for Midday Supervisors from September. Please click here to see our advert.
- Please click here to read a letter from Chris Moodie the CEO of our Multi Academy Trust and our June Burntstump Bugle.
- If you cannot walk, ride your bike or drive your child to school, our school bus is running as normal for children who are eligible to return to school.
- Y6 to return on 8th June. EYFS and Y1 to return on 15th June. Click here to read our latest letters and risk assessment about a phased approach to the partial reopening of school.
- Please click here to read a letter from Chris Moodie, our CEO of the Multi Academy Trust regarding the planned return of children to school.
- Government advice regarding school provision for the children of critical (key) workers during the epidemic has changed. Please click here if you think you are eligible and would like to access the provision.
- Click here to watch our video
- Please read the letter from our Multi Academy Trust which outlines more information about the opening of school for Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year2 children.
Impact of Coronavirus on SNMAT Admission Appeals
Given the situation relating to the current Coronavirus epidemic and the fast moving changes relating to Government advice on public health, the SNMAT, as an Own Admissions Authority, has taken the difficult decision to suspend its admissions appeals, for the foreseeable future, pending further guidance from the Department for Education. This decision has been taken for the protection of all parties involved in the appeal hearing.
Nottinghamshire County Council who administer SNMATs admissions appeals has confirmed they are still taking appeals from parents and logging them as normal, so if you wish to register an appeal for an SNMAT partner academy, please go to NCC’s website and complete the online appeals form:-
https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/education/school-admissions/appeal-a-school-admission-decisionParent and Carers' Questionnaire
October 2019 Results
100% of our parents, who responded to our Parent and Carers' Questionnaire, agree that their child is taught well in school.
Click here to see a full break down of the responses:
Latest School Calendar Events
- INSET DAY16Oct2020
INSET DAY - SCHOOL CLOSED TO PUPILS
- HALF TERM19Oct2020
SCHOOL CLOSED FOR HALF TERM BREAK
- SCHOOL OPEN02Nov2020
SCHOOL OPEN TO PUPILS